JOIN OUR TEAM
We are committed to always earning the right to be our clients’ first choice
Tort Law Clerk (Senior)
The primary purpose of this Tort Law Clerk position is to provide knowledgeable and skilled assistance to litigation lawyers within our Personal Injury Law Firm, including: organizing and managing files (responsible for ensuring deadlines are met); Draft Offers to Settle, Trial Records, Notices of Intention, Notices of Discontinuance; summarizing productions etc.; and providing back-up support to other litigation team members when required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
- At least Five (5) years of Tort - Plaintiff experience as a Law Clerk is required.
- Post-secondary education with a Law Clerk designation.
- Knowledge of legal terminology, procedures and statutes.
- Proficient with legal software (PCLAW) and MS Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently and within tight timelines.
- Ability to multi-task and balance the priorities assigned.
- Ability to take initiative and be resourceful.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an excellent team player.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) including the ability to deal with clients, and all levels of
- Excellent attention to detail and diligent proofreading skills.
- Passionate about providing quality service and work products to clients.
- Compile and serve productions and undertakings and update applicable charts,
- Identify the next steps in the litigation process, instruct the assistant to schedule discoveries, mediations, or pre-
- Co-ordinate the completion of the Trial Certification Form with the defence and submit to the Trial Co-ordinator,
- Make arrangements for expert assessments, compile document briefs, and draft Document Index,
- Draft Offers to Settle, Trial Records, Notices of Intention, Notices of Discontinuance, etc.,
- Attend at file review meetings and bring up outstanding issues,
- Maintain daily communication with the clients, defence counsel, third-party providers, etc.,
- Monitor and diarize deadlines and limitations,
- Conduct intake interviews with potential clients,
- Prepare files for discoveries, mediations, pre-trials, and trials.
- Draft and arrange to serve Statement of Claims.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidates who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your resume and cover letter (Tort Law Clerk) to the attention of Human Resources.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
SPEAK WITH US
Do you need a Legal Opinion?
Our lawyers can help you understand the legal aspects of your personal injury and what rights you are entitled to. Call us anytime.