JOIN OUR TEAM
We are committed to always earning the right to be our clients’ first choice
Billing Clerk / Admin Assistant
Lee & Associates Personal Injury Lawyers, a firm with expertise in personal injury litigation, is currently recruiting for a qualified Billing Clerk/Admin Assistant to assist the Office Manager and join our firm's administration team. The ideal candidate will be outgoing and professional, as well as offer a basic understanding of accounting principles and have HR experience.
This role offers a competitive salary, a benefit package effective after three months and the opportunity to work in a pleasant environment with a great team. This position is to commence as soon as possible.
- Provide legal accounting and administrative support within a busy law firm;
- Posting and batching of all client disbursement cheques (including filing);
- Provide support to Human Resources;
- Address queries received on billing processes;
- Reconcile and resolve payment discrepancies with vendors;
- Abiding by Firm policies and handling confidential materials and documents;
- Assist with reception coverage as needed;
- Coordinate facilities;
- Facilitate firm events;
- Prepare correspondence and other documents as needed;
- Assist with other administrative tasks as needed;
- Assist counsel with pleadings, research, motions, factums, and trial preparation;
- Liaising with clients on a regular basis and preparing updated client reports throughout litigation;
- Meeting with potential new clients for investigative purposes;
- Corresponding with insurance adjusters and/or Defence counsel;
- Undertaking legal research, preparing memoranda, and case summaries;
- Provide supervisory input where required;
- Attending court when necessary (i.e. Motions, Trial Scheduling, Assignment Court);
- Accompanying counsel at Examinations for Discovery and Mediations;
- Undertake any other duties as required.
ATTRIBUTES & EXPERIENCE
- 1+ years' experience in legal office accounting
- Familiarity with billing processes within a professional services environment
- Excellent technology, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word
- Basic proficiency or understanding of Accounting software (such as PCLAW)
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and excellent follow up skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently as required
- Excellent client service skills
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to Annie Kwok and refer to “Billing Clerk/Admin Assistant” in your subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted directly.
Please: No telephone calls or Agencies.
(416) 782-8168 ext. 888
SPEAK WITH US
Do you need a Legal Opinion?
Our lawyers can help you understand the legal aspects of your personal injury and what rights you are entitled to. Call us anytime.