JOIN OUR TEAM
We are committed to always earning the right to be our clients’ first choice
Articling Students for 2021-2022
Articling Type: Full-Time
Location: Toronto, ON
Term: 2021 – 2022
Areas of Law: Personal Injury Civil Litigation - Plaintiff
Weekly Salary: TBD
We are seeking articling students who are motivated and passionate about civil litigation and personal injury law.
We offer a hands-on articling experience with exposure to all facets of litigation.
- Assisting counsel with pleadings, research, motions, factums, and trial preparation;
- Liaising with clients on a regular basis, preparing updated client reports throughout litigation;
- Meeting with potential new clients for investigative purposes;
- Corresponding with insurance adjusters and/or Defence counsel;
- Undertaking legal research, preparing memoranda, and case summaries;
- Provide supervisory input where required;
- Attending court when necessary (i.e. Motions, Trial Scheduling, Assignment Court);
- Accompanying counsel at Examinations for Discovery and Mediations;
- Undertaking any other duties as required.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- A track record of academic excellence
- Demonstration of leadership skills and initiative, as well as the ability to collaborate effectively with others
- A results-oriented focus and the ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment
- Demonstration of the ability to effectively manage several projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal communication skills; ability to influence and communicate effectively across the company and externally at all levels
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Proven ability to work in a complex, regulated corporate environment
- Superior writing skills, including the ability to compile information from research, case files or verbal direction, in order to draft documentation
- Proficient with the use of information technology tools such as Microsoft Office, PCLaw
- The successful candidate will exhibit uncompromising integrity and commitment to upholding Lee & Associates’ firm value
Please submit a cover letter, resume, law school and undergrad transcripts, letters of reference (if any), and writing samples with your application. Applications must be compiled into a single PDF document.
(416) 782-8168 ext. 888
SPEAK WITH US
Do you need a Legal Opinion?
Our lawyers can help you understand the legal aspects of your personal injury and what rights you are entitled to. Call us anytime.