JOIN OUR TEAM
We are committed to always earning the right to be our clients’ first choice
Accident Benefits Law Clerk
Lee & Associates Personal Injury Lawyers is a law firm with expertise in personal injury litigation law.
We are currently recruiting for an Accident Benefits Law Clerk to support our AB team. The ideal incumbent should have a minimum of two years of experience as a Plaintiff AB Law Clerk. A law clerk community college diploma or equivalent experience in litigation is an asset.
- Assist with intake and preparation of new files
- Assist our team of Paralegals with daily tasks and managing a large number of files through the accident benefits process.
- Draft and send time sensitive correspondence to defense counsel, insurance companies, medical institutions and clients
- Prepare applications for mediations and arbitration
- Complete various OCF forms to provide to insurance companies (e.g. Application for Accident Benefits, Employers Confirmation Form)
- Request various forms of personal and confidential client information from medical facilities, government agencies and employers
- Serve productions to AB defense counsel pursuant to the dispute resolution practice code
- Maintain a vast knowledge of the statutory accident benefit schedule
- Arrange insurance examinations with AB adjusters
- Update and maintain production charts for various records sent to the defense counsel
- Draft and send medical briefs and medical cover letters to treatment facilities.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Law Clerk Diploma from a recognized Community College or an Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario Certificate;
- Solid understanding of the Rules of Civil Procedure and court practice and procedures at various levels;
- Solid typing and computer skills: proficiency in a suite of Microsoft applications including but not limited to: PCLAW;
- Excellent written and verbal English skills, including spelling and grammar;
- An ability to remain flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient;
- Exceptional planning and organization skills, ability to plan, coordinate and monitor a significant number of simultaneous tasks in an environment of shifting priorities;
- The ability to work independently, prioritize, adjust to changing priorities, and successfully complete numerous short and long-term assignments simultaneously in a team environment;
- The ability to deal effectively with all levels of management, while being a team player.
Candidates who meet the above qualifications are asked to email their resumes with covering letter to include “Accident Benefits Law Clerk” in the subject line
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted directly.
Please: No telephone calls or Agencies.
(416) 782-8168 ext. 888
SPEAK WITH US
Do you need a Legal Opinion?
Our lawyers can help you understand the legal aspects of your personal injury and what rights you are entitled to. Call us anytime.